A Rasmussen poll finds that only 38 percent of Americans support President Obama's effort to change our health-care system, which is the lowest number since they have been tracking this question in June. Even more interesting, though, is the intensity question. Only 21 percent strongly support the plan, while 43 percent are strongly opposed — a 2–1 margin. Furthermore, only 16 percent believe the plan will lower costs, and the other 84 percent probably want to sell those 16 percent a bridge somewhere.
I am not an obsessive poll-watcher. It's very hard to get anything done if you're going to change course based on relatively minor poll deviations. But because of the direction, the intensity, and the intense skepticism demonstrated in this poll, the Obama folks should have ample reasons to be concerned.